Hot For Yoga is OPEN – here’s what you need to know!
Hot For Yoga is reopening in a phased approach to ensure the safety and health of all our community and team. The studio feels different as we phase into our “new normal.”
This phased approach is tentative and flexible and changes as needed at any point in time.
Please know we are doing everything in our power to make the best possible decisions. We know you may or may not agree with our policies and procedures and honor that. We ask that you practice kindness and compassion, and please understand that we did not choose this situation and will continue to do the best we can given our circumstances.
As a locally owned small businesses, we are trying to figure out how to ease back in to a new normal. Please remember that one person’s choice is not a reflection of your choice. Please know we have done our absolute best to lay out a reopening plan during the most uncharted waters of our lifetime. If any of our procedures do not resonate with you, we honor your choice to stay home and continue to enjoy our Virtual Classes and On Demand video options until you feel comfortable.
All studio classes are being held outdoors on our private walkway (so glad it’s hot out!). Each class will be limited with the number of spots available, and advanced registration is required.
We are ensuring extra distance between all mats and will help guide you to a socially-distanced spot marked on the floor. Mat spots have been arranged 6ft head to head horizontally and 10ft head to head vertically.
We are cashless, so please be sure your credit card is on file or bring it with you. As always, $10 minimum purchase on credit card. If your purchase total is for less than $10, the remaining amount will go on your studio account for future purchases (for example, if you’re buying a $4 coconut water, you’ll be charged $10 to your card, and $6 will be left on your studio account).
If you had your Unlimited Autopay frozen during our physical closure, we emailed you and re-instated it when we re-opened in mid-June.
Below is a breakdown of our protocol for our current phase of reopening. Please review thoroughly, and feel free to reach out with any question or concerns.
- Stay home if you have COVID-19 symptoms, the sniffles or are not feeling well.
- Reservation and confirmation for class are required.
To sign up for a class, you must register and purchase one of our pricing options.
- Please sign up to the wait-list for all the classes you’d like to take, up to one week ahead. We’ll go through the wait-list and distribute students onto the official roster. You’ll get an email confirmation for the class(es) you’re accepted into. You need to have a confirmed reservation to come in for class!
- If you’re having trouble signing up, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org a list of all the classes (dates and times) you’d like to take, and we’ll add you to the waitlist for those!
- We have a strict cancellation fee due to limited space. You must cancel your class reservation at least 3 hours prior to class in Mindbody, so someone else can take your spot. If you do not cancel at least 3 hours prior to class or if you arrive late after class has begun, you will be charged a $25 fee.
If you reserve a spot for yourself and don’t show up to it, we have had to turn someone away to save this spot for you, and that’s not fair to anyone. Please be respectful of your fellow yogis waiting for a spot to open up!
- Use the restroom before coming to the studio.
- Be dressed for class before coming to the studio. Bring face mask, a yoga mat (or two for extra padding if you have a spare), yoga towel, and water with you.
Our studio, showers, changing rooms and water fountain are closed, and there are no rentals of mats or towels for now.
As always, mat and bath-sized towel or larger are required for every class. If you did not bring them, you may purchase from us.
- We open our outdoor space 10 minutes before the start of class.
- Wearing your mask, verbally sign in with our staff and verbally attest to the screening questions.
- Our staff will check your temperature (contact-free).
- Complete and sign a new COVID-19 liability waiver if it’s your first time back with us since the physical closure.
- Once class has begun, you will not be allowed into class.
- Again, we recommend you bring a spare mat if you have one, or we have a limited amount of rubber flooring (same as in the hot room), which you can use for padding under your mat and towel.
- Take all your belongings with you and go to your socially-distanced spot on our private walkway (be sure to turn off/silence your smart phones/watches).
- Cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze, and then wash your hands.
- After class, with your mask on, gather your belongings, one by one to exit through the parking lot.
- We love you and are so excited to see you, but we can not have anyone hanging out.
- Please responsibly take care of cleaning your items at home.
- Keep proper social distance at all times.
If you can’t make it in to our physical classes at this point, no worries…we still have a live-streaming schedule (classes starting with the word, “VIRTUAL”).
Below is a summary of our current protocol.
Before you come to Hot For Yoga:
1. Do a self-screening at home
Do you have COVID-19?
Have you had symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days, such as cough, fever, chills, shortness of breath, headache, sore throat, vomiting or diarrhea, or recent loss of taste or smell?
Have you had contact with a person that has or is suspected to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, please get better! And please stay home!
2. Get ready for class
Register and book your spot online! No Drop-Ins.
Arrive fully dressed for class, having already used the restroom and wearing your face mask.
Be sure to bring everything you’ll need for class, including your face mask, mat (or two for extra padding if you have a spare), yoga towel, and your water.
*At this time, there will be no rentals of yoga mats and towels. As always, they are required for every class. If you did not bring them, you may purchase from us.
*Showers, changing rooms and studio are closed for now, so again, please arrive fully dressed, wearing your mask.
*Water fountain is off limits, so please come with a full water bottle (or two!) or purchase from front desk.
*We have a limited amount of rubber flooring (same as in the hot room), which you can use for padding under your mat and towel, or if you have a spare mat, you can bring that for extra padding under your regular mat and towel.
Once you arrive at Hot For Yoga:
4. Check in, and go to your spot
Once you get here, you’ll verbally sign in and attest to our screening and temperature check, take all of your belongings onto a socially-distanced spot on our private walkway. Make sure to silence or power off anything that can make any noise, like your cell phone.
5. Have an awesome class!
We’re so excited to have you back at the studio!
When class is over, students exit one by one towards the parking lot.