Neutral spine is the natural line of the spine when all three curves of the spine–cervical (neck), thoracic (middle) and lumbar (lower) are present and in good alignment.
It is the strongest position of the spine when standing or sitting, and one that we are made to move from.
Here is how we Roll the Marble:
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feel flat. Legs parallel to each other with heels, toes, knees and hips all in one line.
- Relax shoulders, neck, jaw. Ribcage dropped with lower ribs relaxed to the floor as well.
- Lower abs flat with just the slight, natural curve of lower spine off floor.
- Thumbs to bellybutton and index fingers to pelvic area. Your hands are a clock, with index fingers marking 12 o’clock.
- There is an imaginary marble at 12 o’clock. Using pelvic area, move the imaginary marble to 3, 6, 9 and 12. Do this a few times and then roll the marble counter-clockwise.
Hot Pilates is a great compliment to your Bikram Yoga (Bikram Yoga, including Hot Plus and Hot Express) practice! The class is upbeat, an hour long and about 10 degrees cooler than Bikram Yoga classes. You’ll work out your glutes, abs and arms and get a great cardiovascular and fat-burning workout set to music!
Check out the video linked above the see how to Roll the Marble. Let any of our teachers know if you have any questions on any postures! See you in the hot room soon!!